KSU Charter Services Policies
Charter Request Submission and Approval
- Requests must be submitted at least 10 business days prior to the event. Approval
or denial of service will be provided in an email within 3-5 business days of the
request being received, and will provide a quote of cost for the service being requested.
The requestor will then need to provide a confirmation email stating their acceptance of the service being offered, commitment to pay, and agreement of stated charter policies.
- We are unfortunately unable to fulfill all requests. Our ability to provide charters is based on availability of vehicles, drivers, and our primary academic obligation to serve our students, faculty, and staff. If we are unable to serve your charter needs we will provide you with a list of other local charter providers.
- During the academic school year we are unable to provide charters Monday-Thursday,
between the hours of 7 AM to 7 PM.
(Exceptions may apply for academic/department sponsored events.)
- Charters are subject to a 50 mile radius of the Kennesaw and Marietta Student Center.
- We are unable to provide overnight charters.
- Charter requests may be for a maximum of 12 hours, 8 of which may be drive time.
- Standing is not permitted on charter vehicles traveling 55 miles per hour or higher. Based on destinations, the Department of Transportation further reserves the right to determine whether standing passengers will be permitted.
- Charter service to the following types of venues is prohibited: night clubs and adult entertainment venues.
- Unless exempt, applicable sales tax will still apply. Parking fees and tolls will be charged if encumbered during the service.
- Non-affiliated groups or individuals must provide a security deposit three business days prior to scheduled service. Security deposit is equal to 1/2 of the quoted cost of services requested. Checks are to be made out to Kennesaw State University.
- Checks should be written out to "Kennesaw State University," and mailed to:
Attn: KSU Charter Services
3213 Campus Loop Road
Kennesaw, GA 30144
While on Board
- No signage or markings of any kind may be placed on the window, vehicle door, exterior of the vehicle, or the interior of the vehicle.
- The following are prohibited on Department of Transportation vehicles: eating, drinking,
glass containers, alcohol, weapons,
tobacco products, e-cigarettes, illegal drugs, hazardous materials, and animals (with the exception of registered service animals).
- Cancellations and modifications are allowed up to 72 hours prior to time of service without penalty. These change requests must be submitted via email: email@example.com. All cancellations received 72 hours prior to time of service will be subject to a penalty equal to the minimum 3 hours of service for each vehicle being chartered. Modifications received less than 72 hours prior to the time of service will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Service modifications may not be requested of the driver on the day of service.
- A cleaning fee of $200 will be added to any charter if the vehicle is not returned in a reasonable condition.
- Costs for any damages caused by the chartering group will be billed to the responsible department, group or person.